WHO Check list.
- Pre op:
Checked had had Antibiotics (Co-Amoxiclav) within last 8 hours OR
Given IV Antibiotics (Co-Amoxiclav)
- Findings: Inflammed Appendix with free fluid pelvis
- Incision: Open Hasson technique, Supraumbilical 10mm Hasson Blunt port, LIF 5mm and Suprapubic 5mm ports under direct vision.
Appendix dissected off mesoappendix.
Clips to appendicular vessels.
Endoloop on Appendicular vessels as well.
Endoloops 3 x PDS on Appendix base, 2 to stay.
Appendix divided at base and brought out using BERT bag.
Suction irrigation till clear.
Instrument and textiles count told as being correct.
No. 20 drain in pelvis – secured.
No.1 PDS Fascial sutures umbilical port.
3.0 monocryl subcuticular sutures to skin.
- Post Operative Instructions:
- Dalteparin at 18:00 hours
- Drain to be emptied at 8am daily
- Bloods tomorrow
- Continue antibiotics total 5 days (48 hours IV, 72 hours PO)